A Florida Immigration Attorney With Honesty And Transparency

Providing International Investors With US Opportunities

Investors from all over the world come to the United States to compete in U.S. markets. However, investors can’t participate without the proper immigration paperwork. At Arias Villa Law, I have been working with foreign investors for years to help them navigate America’s complicated immigration system with peace of mind. That way, they can focus on making their investments create value for others.

A Breakdown of US Requirements For Foreign Investors

Here are a few of the different visas foreign investors may have to obtain and the requirements that come with them:

E-1 Visas (The Treaty Trader)

E-1 visas require that the person be a national of a country with which the U.S. has a commercial treaty. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) will provide an I-94 with two years of allowed stay in the United States. However, these visa holders may request extensions of their I-94 for another two years. There is also no limit on the number of extensions they can request. Additionally, spouses of E-1 visa holders are entitled to a work authorization document.

Before applying for an E-1 visa, the applicant must:

  • Verify that their country of nationality possesses a treaty with the U.S.
  • Enter the U.S. solely to engage in trade of substantial nature between the U.S. and their country of nationality

Trade may be on goods or services. INA confers E-1 visas to the trader and employees working for the trading company.

E-2 Visas (The Investor Visa)

The E-2 visa is the typical investor visa that INA grants foreign nationals wishing to invest in the U.S. The E-2 or investor visa is presented to the investor, their spouse and their children. As the E-1 or Treaty Trader visa, the E-2 or investor visa requires the existence of a treaty between the U.S. and the applicant’s country of nationality. Additionally, the E-2 visa requires a “substantial investment.” INA does not define what a substantial investment is. Thus, there is no specific amount needed for this visa.

Applicants, however, should consult with a Florida immigration attorney experienced in handling these visas. They may be able to tell applicants what amount is considered a “substantial investment” when the application is submitted.

EB-5 Visas (Immigrant Entrepreneur Visas)

This is a particular type of investor visa offered by the U.S. government. The EB-5 access allows foreign investors to request lawful permanent resident (LPR) status – or green card for them, their spouses and their children provided that they invest at least $1 million. The $1 million capital investment can be reduced to $500,000 if invested in an area of low employment in the United States.

As of March 15, 2022, changes have been made to the EB-5 visa classification. I can provide context as to how these recent updates apply to your situation and help you navigate the changes to get the visa classifications you need.

An Experienced Lawyer Can Do The Hard Work For You

Treaty Trader or E-1 visa, E-2 or investor visa and EB-5 or immigrant entrepreneur visa are complex and detailed-oriented petitions that require an attorney’s expertise. I can advise and help you prepare to submit these visas so you can focus on your mission. Call 305-233-3110 now for a consultation. You can also email me by filling out my contact form.